There is an Ambler Borough Council Meeting tonight at 7pm at Ambler Borough Hall. Some of the items on tonight’s agenda include:
Public Safety Committee:
- Authorization is requested to purchase a new 2017 Ford Explorer for the Police Department.
- The Borough has submitted a letter to PennDOT with documentation supporting a signal being warranted. With the future construction of the Saint Mary’s Villa Project, the Borough requests PennDOT reconsider having the Saint Mary’s Villa Project install this signal at Bethlehem and Lindenwold as part of the Highway Occupancy Permit.
Public Utilities Committee:
- The Borough is considering changing the status of the Water Department and form an Authority.
- Staff is obtaining quotes for the repaving of the Well 8 driveway at Loch Alsh
- Staff has been working with SEPTA on the 2018 Farmers Market Lease
Parks and Recreation Committee:
- The Committee is researching “Friends of Park” programs to gather information and possible program guidlines for Ambler Parks.
- The committee would like to see coordination with the Borough, Main Street, and Plant Ambler and business owners to have a unified approach to Streetscape in Ambler.
Salary and Personnel Committee:
- Vacancies exist on the Planning Commission and Environmental Advisory Counsel- if interested please send resume to : email@example.com
Although not on tonight’s agenda, word around social media is that the process for hiring a new Chief of Police will be discussed.