There is an Ambler Borough Council meeting tonight at 7pm at Ambler Borough Hall. Some of the things on tonight’s agenda include:
Public Utilities Committee:
- The Borough Solicitor will provide an update on discussions held with the Harrisburg attorney regarding forming a Water Authority.
Finance and Planning Committee:
- Requests for qualifications of professional services(Solicitor, Municipal Engineer, Wastewater Treatment Plant Engineer and Building Inspector) has been advertised. The Borough will accept sealed qualification submittals until 11am Friday, Sept.14th. The proposal for the Auditor will be advertised.
- Solicitations of bids for the Municipal Buildings Public Restrooms Architectural Barrier Removal Project(CDBG Grant) have been advertised. Bid opening is scheduled for Sept. 10th at 11am at BoroughHall.
Parks and Recreation Committee:
- The Committee is looking into various “Friends of Park” programs to gather information and possible program guidelines for Ambler Parks. A link to the survey was posted to the Borough’s website.
Salary and Personnel Committee:
- A recommendation to hire Jarret Evans as the Wastewater Plant Assistant Superintendent.
- The Police Department will be taking applications and scheduling testing for a new patrolman.