There is an Ambler Borough Council Meeting tonight at 7pm at Ambler Borough Hall. Some of the items on the agenda are:
Public Utilities Committee
Authorization is requested to approve the tower lease on the water tank at Skippack and Butler Pikes in Whitemarsh.
The Water Department has conducted a voluntary water testing for PFAS and awaiting lab results.
Finance and Planning Committee
Parking Improvements – The Committee would like to discuss parking upgrades for 2019. Consideration of the following is requested:
- Add one kiosk to Lindenwold lot
- Increase fee from $0.50 per hour to $1.00 per hour
- Increase street metered parking time limit from one to two hours
- Update all signage to reflect rate change; parking hours; parking availability
- End free parking in December
- Maintain free parking from 12-2pm
LED street lighting was approved at the Committee Meeting…Resolution 2019-02 authorizing participation in the LED Street Light Conversion was adopted 9-aye
Parks and Recreation Committee
The Committee would like to discuss a possible Plastics Ordinance in the Borough. they will work with the local businesses and discuss options. Resolution 2019-1 on single-use plastics is attached to the full agenda below.
Salary and Personnel Committee
The Committee will review a Social Media Policy and Code of Conduct Policy and make a recommendation for adoption
See tonight’s entire agenda here.