Bob Kelly of FOX29 News has shared alternative routes for travelers who plan to use I-95, a segment of which collapsed early Sunday morning after a tanker truck carrying a petroleum-based product caught fire.
From his Facebook post:
Alternates for 95 Collapse and Septa’s Plan
– take 476 to PATP East to Philly Bensalem Rt 1.
– take 676 west to 76 west to Blvd North to Woodhaven Rd
– closure point is at Aramingo and will put you in the neighborhoods. Avoid this unless you live there.
– take Delaware Memorial or Comm Barry INTO NEW JERSEY and then NJTP North to Exit 6 and back into PA in Bensalem.
Coming Southbound :
– exit Woodhaven to Blvd south to 76 east to CC
– take PATP west to 476 South to 76 East to CC
– closure point is at Academy Rd. Only go this route if you live in neighborhood.
– take Burlington Bristol or Turnpike Connector Bridge INTO NEW JERSEY and then either NJTP or 295 South to Benny, Comm Barry or Del Memorial Bridge.
Which one you use will depend upon where you begin and need to go. There is no Best Alternate for everyone. This will be the new normal for MONTHS.