Montgomery County residents who qualify as dislocated workers may receive free tuition to begin a degree program at Montgomery County Community College, thanks to an economic transition grant available through MontcoWorks and PA CareerLink®.
MCCC will be holding two free information sessions for residents to learn about this opportunity for dislocated workers. The first session will be held on Monday, July 15th from 12-2pm. in Advanced Technology Center, Room 212, Central Campus, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell. The second session will be held on Wednesday, July 17th from 12-2pm in South Hall, Room 216, West Campus, 101 College Drive, Pottstown.
Representatives from MCCC, MontcoWorks and PA CareerLink® will provide information about the grant and programs that are available during these information sessions. Qualified candidates will be scheduled for an eligibility determination by PA CareerLink®. For more information about the information sessions, contact Kimberly Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A resident may qualify as a dislocated worker, if he or she meets one of the following criteria:
· You have been terminated or laid off from employment in the past two years
· You have exhausted entitlement to unemployment compensation benefits
· You have been working full or part-time and were unable to collect unemployment compensation
· You were self-employed but are out of work as a result of the general economic conditions
· You are a displaced homemaker
· You are a spouse of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty
Grant funds can cover all costs associated with tuition and the supportive services necessary to start a degree program beginning this fall 2019 through June 2020.
MCCC will be offering the following programs for qualified candidates: Business Administration, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Management, Culinary Arts, Nursing, Public Health and Physical Therapist Assistant.